- Common Well being Protection Day (12 December) might be celebrated alongside the Scoring 4 the Objectives marketing campaign happening on the sidelines of the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022, with a dance and music showcase occasion on the principle stage on the FIFA Fan Zone, Doha (7pm begin).
- Award-winning Rwandan choreographer Sherrie Silver; singer of hit music I Like To Transfer It; The Mad Stuntman; and WHO Goodwill Ambassadors champion footballer Didier Drogba and Brazilian goalkeeper Alisson Becker to function in occasion.
- FIFA, the World Well being Group, the Training Above All Basis, and the Qatar Ministry of Public Well being group up for a enjoyable, public name for Well being For All.
The FIFA World Cup semi-finals will kick off with a showcase dance and music occasion to have fun Well being for All on Common Well being Protection Day (12 December) on the principle stage on the FIFA Fan Competition in Doha, Qatar.
The “Be Energetic: Deliver The Strikes for Well being For All” occasion, organized by FIFA, the World Well being Group (WHO), the Training Above All Basis and the Ministry of Public Well being (MoPH), will function particular appearances by stars of dance, music and soccer.
The activation is a part of Training Above All’s world Scoring 4 The Objectives Marketing campaign to advocate for the UN Sustainable Growth Objectives. The occasion is being supported by award-winning Hollywood dancer and choreographer, Sherrie Silver; singer The Mad Stuntman, the voice of worldwide hit I Wish to Transfer It, Transfer It, which is the theme music of the FIFA-WHO Deliver The Strikes bodily exercise marketing campaign; and WHO Goodwill Ambassadors and soccer champions Didier Drogba and Alisson Becker.
“I can’t wait to Deliver the Strikes on the FIFA Fan Competition and play my half to advertise Well being for All on Common Well being Protection Day on behalf of Rwanda and in assist of the Training Above All Basis,” mentioned Sherrie Silver. “Dance has been a supply not simply of pleasure and fervour for me, but additionally of being wholesome, bodily and mentally.”
The occasion will have fun the significance of well being in a number of methods, together with:
- marking the annual UHC Day marketing campaign, led by WHO and world companions, to advertise and speed up achievement of entry to reasonably priced, equitable and efficient well being care around the globe;
- calling for progress on Sustainable Growth Objective #3 for Well being and Properly-Being, as a part of the EAAF/UN-led #ScoringForTheGoals marketing campaign; and
- selling elevated bodily exercise by way of a mass dance-led exercise, held the day earlier than the rolling out of the “Be Energetic: Deliver The Strikes” for well being marketing campaign through the 13-14 December semi-finals.
Dance artist and vocalist The Mad Stuntman mentioned: “I’ve been so joyful to see soccer followers Deliver The Strikes and dance for well being to my music, I Like To Transfer It, through the World Cup. I can’t wait to see some strikes with my very own eyes on 12 December after I be part of Sherie Silver and soccer lovers from around the globe on the FIFA Fan Competition after we be part of the worldwide motion for Well being For All on Common Well being Protection Day.”
Didier Drogba, WHO Goodwill Ambassador and FIFA Legend, mentioned: “We will be energetic for well being in some ways, by transferring for health to calling for entry to take care of all. I’m proud to be lending my voice to each on Common Well being Protection Day in Doha.”
Alisson Becker, Brazil and Liverpool goalkeeper, and WHO Goodwill Ambassador for Well being Promotion, added: “On Common Well being Protection Day, let’s all be energetic and play our half to make well being for all our purpose.”
The UHC Day 2022 theme is “Construct the world we would like: A wholesome future for all,” the purpose of which is to name for stronger well being programs dedicated to fairness, belief, wholesome environments, investments and accountability.
The Scoring 4 the Objectives Marketing campaign goals to boost consciousness and name for motion to realize the United Nation’s Sustainable Growth Objectives (SDGs), the worldwide agenda to carry a extra affluent and equitable future for all.
For Broadcasters: Video statements by Didier Drogba and Alisson Becker in assist of Common Well being Protection Day can be found. For entry, please obtain by clicking right here. (Observe: the movies are to be used from 11 December onwards.)
WHO and the Ministry of Public Well being, Qatar, working carefully with FIFA, launched the three-year Sport for Well being partnership in 2021 with the objectives of selling wholesome lives, well being safety and bodily and psychological well-being on the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022, and leveraging the event to indicate finest practices to be used at main sporting occasions around the globe.
WHO and FIFA signed a memorandum of understanding in 2019 to advertise wholesome existence by way of soccer. The organizations have since collaborated on a number of well being campaigns, together with partaking with soccer followers and the broader public on actions to advertise bodily exercise, psychological well being, tobacco management and COVID-19 prevention.
EAAF and the UN launched, initially of the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022, the #Scoring4theGoals marketing campaign to advertise attainment of the Sustainable Growth Objectives.
Extra data: WHO- Common Well being Protection Day